Saturday, November 12, 2016

Skillet Apple Pie From Trisha's Southern Kitchen

A while back, I decided to try a recipe I had seen Trisha Yearwood make on her Food Network TV program "Trisha's Southern Kitchen.
I really enjoy her show. I like her a lot; I enjoy her music, and also her personality.
 She's very down-to-earth, and she just seems like the kind of woman who could become an instant friend, if you had the opportunity to meet and spend time with her!
I made it in my Lodge cast iron skillet, which was a Christmas gift last year.
You can find the recipe on the Food Network's website. (Click here  to view the recipe.)
It was easy to make, and we liked it!
I didn't end up making the Cinnamon Whipped Cream, which I believe I would have liked very much, as well.
I didn't have any heavy cream on hand, so I topped it with vanilla ice cream instead.
My only issue was that I found it difficult to get the brown sugary layer of goodness at the bottom out of the pan while cutting it.
I may have baked it a bit too long; I'm not sure.
But it was good.
Very sweet - but good.

No comments: