Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Vintage Vera Scarves From Tina, Part Two

As promised, today we have part two of my Vera Neumann scarves post.
First of all, here was the coolest surprise that was included with all of the scarves Tina gave me - "The Art Of Scarf Tying" from Vera:
Hey, I could use some help with scarf tying! This is a wonderful little booklet:
I had never seen it before:
The first scarf today is perfect for fall - it's nearly here!
Lovely leaves - a real beauty:
The colors in this next one make it look rather autumnal, as well:
Abstract flowers, and I love that it has some orange in it:
Last of the scarves; this one in a patriotic red, white and blue - looks like a good one to wear on Election Day, if you are a member of a certain party:
Red elephants on parade......
 Thank you SO much, Tina! All of the scarves are fabulous!

And since this post is all about Vera Neumann and her gorgeous designs, I am throwing in a couple of photos of some vintage Vera linens I found at a yard sale last month:
Two standard pillow cases and a twin-sized sheet:
They are vintage Vera for Burlington - and aren't they pretty, too?

3 comments:

Diane said...

These are fab too! And that booklet is a real find!

Melanie said...

These are just beautiful, especially the first one! That booklet (the inside) looks so familiar to me. I think my grandmother may have had it.

Anonymous said...

Vera lived in our village of Croton on Hudson http://everythingcroton.blogspot.com/2014/08/1970-crotons-own-vera-neumann.html