Monday, July 18, 2016

A Lucky Find

I found this huge and wonderful tome at an estate sale on the last day when everything was half price:
The Original Water-Color Paintings by John James Audubon
For The Birds Of America.
And, all I can say is WOW!
 It's HUGE.
I've admired these big, beautiful books for many years.
It includes 431 of the original watercolor paintings.
I was delighted to bring it home after paying a very reasonable price.
Let's suffice it to say that this book is not something you find every day at the thrift stores!
 I'm actually surprised that someone else had not already grabbed it when it was full price.
Oh, it has my Cedar Waxwings inside!

 The Red-Winged Blackbird:
 I used to see those when I was out delivering mail on the rural routes.
Every single time I spot one, it brings a smile to my face.
There's just something about the flash of red, you know?
This is such a nice book to have in our collection.
A lucky find, indeed.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wow! Very nice score! What a beautiful book to have!

lorlore said...

You know, I think I have a copy too, but packed away, so can't check!!! Beautiful book!!!!

GSGreatEscaper said...

You lucky, lucky duckie!

Shara said...

I've been lucky enough to find two of these books. One is falling apart, which is perfect for framing. The other is perfect and wonderful to look through. I don't know how I was lucky enough to find two! But, I'm happy I did! I'm glad you found one too!