Friday, December 11, 2015

Patterns From The Past : Simplicity 6554 - A Cute Shirt Dress

Today's pattern from the past is a cute little red number that would be perfect for Christmas.
It's shown below in a picture from an issue of Simplicity Fashion News, circa 1974:
I absolutely love this look with the hat!
She looks like she could be waiting at the train station in 1940 - ready for an Agatha Christie film on PBS or something.
Here is the same dress on the front of the pattern:

And the pattern front, itself:
And the back of the pattern:
You could sew this dress up in so many different fabric choices.
 I'd love to see it in a nice wool  with a Christmas fabric on the contrasting collar and French cuffs.
The version she is wearing in the top photo would be a very happy Christmas dress as it is, in fact.
But I truly believe that hat is what makes the outfit!
(Oh - and if anyone knows the name of the model, please let me know and I will add it here. I think it might be Sunny Redmond, but  I'm not sure this time. )

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

Very cute. I love the fabric in the first picture on the cuffs and collar. Love T