Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A Veteran's Day Remembrance

Good morning, Tina here.

I am sharing a photo of my father-in-law, who I never had the chance to meet. 

He was a Marine, and served in Korea at Chosin Reservoir. He was injured, and his injuries included frostbite on his feet, and he also suffered a head injury, which indirectly led to his death in his early thirties from an aneurysm. 


When he died he left a young widow with six children, the littlest was only six months old. My husband was ten.

Thank you for your service and rest in peace.


2 comments:

Diane said...

Too sad. I had an uncle in the USMC in Korea. My dad was in the USMC at that time too but did not go overseas.

Heidi Ann said...

This was a nice tribute, and it is so sad that he died so young.
We got to have our our Daddy around for longer than that, and I am grateful.