Monday, March 9, 2015

Patterns From The Past: Simplicity 9790 and 9896 - Springtime Dresses For Little Girls

Do you recognize this beautiful little face?
 Here she is again, below:
Why, yes - it is none other than the gorgeous Brooke Shields,
when she was only about six years old!
I found this picture of her in a Simplicity Home Catalog from 1971.
She's wearing a cute dress and apron made from this pattern, Simplicity number 9790:
The back of the pattern:
Don't you think that would make a sweet little Easter outfit?
She could gather up eggs or perhaps some wildflowers in the little apron.
 The other little girl  in the photo is wearing Simplicity number 9896, seen below.
This dress is pretty cute, too - I especially like the version in yellow with red rickrack and cherries on the pockets!
 And, of course, 9790 in pink gingham and the red gingham version of 9896 are pretty great as well - I always love gingham.
Gingham seems like such a nice choice for springtime.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Wasn't Brooke a cute little girl!!

Diane said...

Yes, I recognized Brooke right away. She never changed too much. Cute dress patterns!

Candice said...

I guessed it was Brooke Shields! I had forgotten she was a blonde child. She is still a beautiful woman and is going to be 50 in May. I've always remembered she was born in 1965 and is 8 years younger than me. I used to think she was so young and now she's turning 50! Yikes,

EM said...

Cute clothes. The kid in the middle in that awesome jacket looks like he's doing the "gotta potty" wiggle.