Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Lounge Chair Road Trip No. 5: Daffodil Hill 1968

Good morning, Tina here. We have had an early spring in Kelsey, and our daffodils, which are many, are almost gone. The poppies barely showed up. So I have been wanting to take a drive, and go searching for some wildflower color, but I don't think that is going to happen. 

A facebook friend from Amador County shared two photos of peacocks in Daffodil Hill from 1968. 


So this is my armchair road trip for today.


I guess these particular beautiful birds are no longer around, but their children and children's children are.  We have peacocks just down the street from our home in Kelsey, and it is almost time for them to proudly show off their chicks. They parade across the road showing off, and you can hear their calls from over a mile away.

Have a great day, and if it isn't spring yet where you are, try a lounge chair road trip to somewhere warm!

2 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

I love Daffodill Hill. It's been so long since I've been there. Those peacocks are gorgeous. I like arm chair road trips!

lorlore said...

Didn't get there this year or to see your Daffodils! Darn!!!!