Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A Black Bates List Finder

I did a post back in May of 2011 about the vintage Bates List Finders.
(Click here to read it.)
Well, little did I know at the time that hiding in our little cupboard above the telephone nook here in our house that was built in the 1940's was one of our very own.
I was pleased as punch when I found it!
(Honestly, I did not believe there was anything else left to find, here in the house my husband grew up in!).
And yet find it I did, and I think it looks pretty great sitting next to our vintage red rotary telephone!


4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I love it! So cute next to your phone. I love to hit the open switch and have the pages magically flip up. I used a gray one for years at my job, it was fast and handy. It looks so relieved to be free from its hiding place. Love T

Candice said...

How cute and retro! We had a red rotary phone in our family room growing up and a yellow wall phone in th kitchen with a very long cord. Of course my mother had a flip up phone book like yours except hers was off white. She still used it to her dying day. I am so sentimental about both this phone and phone directory!

Annette said...

ANYTHING would look good next to that red phone!!! I remember the flip up phone books. Ahhh.

Sunnyana said...

My grandmother had a flip up phone book and we used to have fun "playing" with it! I wish I had an old house with hidden treasures to be found. How exciting that would be!