Saturday, January 24, 2015

Finds For Bird-Lovers

First up today, in my "birds" category is cute and colorful hand-painted rooster, made in Portugal:
Two small birds for my bird collection - the little one is just an inch and a half, so surely I can fit them into my already jam-packed display cabinet?
I found a nice book for bird-watchers, written by Roger Barton and published in 1955:
I bought a grab-bag full of buttons and other miscellaneous things, but all I was really after was that beautiful "Bluebird" card, front and center, in the picture below:
I found this little guy, who will be cute incorporated into springtime or Easter decorations:
 About a week after I found the bird-watching book seen above, I found two more bird books at a different shop:
We will end today's post with the picture below; this is an original painting that I've decided to call "Jenny Wren".
I don't even know for sure what kind of bird it actually is, but I think it's kind of cute:

2 comments:

Sunnyana said...

I also like the "Bluebird" card. My friends gave me the Jonathan Livingston Seagull book in 1972 when I was in the hospital having back surgery. I always liked it and still have it but I haven't read it again in years.

Tina Dawn said...

Nice finds. I like those star buttons. I am fond of bird song CDs, I have about 8 or 10 of them. Love T