Sunday, November 16, 2014

Holiday Help From Betty Crocker's Party Book

I found another copy of this great little book at a thrift store a couple of weeks ago. I already have one in my collection, so this one will be going to the shop:
Here's a cute illustration of a family at the Thanksgiving table, along with a suggested menu:
A recipe for Frozen Pumpkin Pie:
A lovely table setting, complete with a gilded centerpiece, for which they give instructions in the book:
(I'll pass on those lima beans, if it's all the same to you. Never have liked 'em.)
This Tom Turkey doesn't look too happy finding that hatchet in his path!
And here's a pretty picture of some really nicely decorated cookies for Christmas:
 And a nicely decorated Christmas treat table, too:
Cute stuff.
Thank you, Betty Crocker!

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I was just thinking, oh good, there's the recipe for the lima beans and mushrooms, yummy, and you had to go and spoil it by mentioning you don't like them. Oh well, that's okay, more for me. Love T

Annette said...

Those illustrations are so darn cute. Typical of her books then.

Jill said...

Those books are always so cute!!