Thursday, August 7, 2014

Patterns From The Past: McCall's 2457 Blouse, Dress & Skirt

Here's the gorgeous Colleen Corby yet again!
 This time, she's wearing a dress made from McCall's pattern number 2457.
This Coats & Clark advertisement is from one of my Seventeen magazines, circa 1970:
Close-up view of the variations on the pattern front:
Pattern 2457, for a "Misses' Blouse or Dress and Skirt in Two Lengths":
And here's a shot of (almost) the entire page with the ad.
 Looks like I didn't get the entire thing! Sorry.
And lastly, the back of the pattern:
Raglan sleeves - I don't think I ever made anything with them, but it did always seem like it would be easier for me than trying to set a sleeve inside of an armhole.
(Not that I am any kind of a seamstress anyway.)
But I DO love these old patterns, and I love showing them to you, too!

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Nice pattern. That skirt looks hard though. Love T

Diane said...

I remember the button down skirts. My mom made me a blue one although it was a different pattern than yours. They were cute.