Monday, July 7, 2014

A Star Is Born

When this remake of the film "A Star Is Born" starring Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson came out in 1976, I think I went to see it at least twice at the theater, and that's unusual for me.
I thought it was great, and I loved the music.
So, naturally, I bought the album:
With photos from the film inside:
All of the song lyrics were on the paper record sleeve.
I always like that:
 I think I bought the music book, too, but I couldn't find it to show it in this post.
I learned the songs; I might be able to make my way along through them now if I had the lyrics in front of me.
I KNOW I could with a few, but maybe not all.  I can't remember everything!
 (Although I do have LOTS of lyrics rattling around in this old head of mine. When you really WANT to remember something , you can. I love to sing, so I remember lyrics. Other things? Um, not so much. But, if you want to sing, you've got to know the words! Of course there's always Karaoke, but that isn't what I'm talking about here.)
I can't recall exactly when I bought the CD - heck, I don't even remember what year I got my first CD player!
But I never had the film until I found it recently at a thrift store:
 Now I need to watch it again.
Yes, VHS.
Yes, I still have a VCR.
 If you didn't have a DVR of some kind, you might still have one, too!
Because I record TV shows all the time.
 I want a DVR VERY badly, but I don't know if/when that will come about, so you do the best with what you have!
After all, I didn't get a VCR, or a CD player, or an MP3, nor even a smart phone until they'd been around a while.
I'm kind of behind the times.
I've told you that before.

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I do use the DVR all the time, but I would happily go back to the VCR because then I would have the TV show or movie for keeps. The DVR only holds so much. I still have boxes and boxes of VCR tapes from the very early 80s when we lived in Cedar Grove. I guess I will get rid of them someday! Not soon though. Love T

Jill said...

I loved that movie too, I had the album as well!

Hope you get a DVR in the near future, they're great, we rent one from our cable company! It's the handiest thing!

EM said...

As someone who sells DVDs, VHS, CDs, LPs, cassettes, and even 8-tracks I can say that you're not alone in using and enjoying older forms of media. One advantage is that you can often find them at great bargain prices.