Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Switching Up The Look Of The Beds Again

I've had these pillows on our bed for a while now. The vintage pillow shams in the back were a thrift shop find , new unused old stock, and I actually love them, but I just felt like doing something different.
 The purple pillows were here in the house, and the green one was a thrift find, as well.
 Mostly, it was about being tired of the pink coverlet which was the only thing I had that I could use with that assortment of pillows.
And, as it happened, I found a gorgeous bedspread. It's cotton, (maybe vintage, but it appeared to be unused) made in India, queen sized and even this scan below does not show quite how deep, rich and beautiful the colors are on it:
I want to get some large pillow shams that will coordinate with the spread, and maybe different toss pillows, too - but these small pillows were also ones that had been here in the house for years, so this is what I threw together for now:
And I wanted to change the look of the bed in the guest room, as well.
I found some vintage sheets and pillow cases that I really liked  for THAT bed at a thrift store, too.
(They're full size - so they will only fit on our guest bed.)
A wild purple and green geometric design:
So I paired those with more of our vintage purple pillows (I think my mother-in-law really liked purple! The carpet in the master bedroom was purple, too - we replaced it before we moved in).
 The purple coverlet is the paisley one given to me by our elderly neighbor when she was moving.
 The reverse side of it is solid purple, so I just flipped it over:
Pops of purple pack a pretty punch.
It's different, and I like it.
For now.
Until I decide to switch it up again.

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Wow, quite a difference! I hope to come see in person one of these days. Love T

gracie@ohgraciepie said...

I love this color pallet!