Thursday, March 6, 2014

My Raggedy Ann Gets A New Lease On Life

I showed you a picture of my blonde Raggedy Ann doll that I have had since I was little way back when I first started my blog back in 2007.
Here is a more recent photo of her:
She lost one of her arms a very long time ago.
But I am glad to report that I found a replacement on a stuffed doll that I got for fifty cents at a thrift store!
 I did not even feel bad removing it, because it was only pinned on anyway, and that doll had only the one arm, too.
It is not completely perfect, being just a bit shorter than her original  arm.
 I found her sweet new red dress at a thrift store, as well!
It only cost me one dollar:
Like I said, her replacement arm may not be PERFECT,
but I haven't heard any complaints from her!
:)

5 comments:

Tami Von Zalez said...

She's a keeper. Great idea to fix her up. That red dress is tres adorbs on her!

Tina Dawn said...

She looks very healthy now! I love the red dress. I am so very glad you still have her. She is going to make Lori's Raggedy Andy's heart skip a beat! Love T

Protector of Vintage said...

She looks wonderful!!

Annette said...

Yes, I think I see a new twinkle in her eyes since getting a new arm and dress. She is so sweet! I have mine that my grandma made.

lorlore said...

Unfortunately raggedy andy tried a bath and his face ran!!! He needs a few repairs, once done maybe they can be together again!!!!