Thursday, January 16, 2014

Snapshots From Disneyland

It has been two months since Lori, our friend Debbie, and I took our little trip to Disneyland. Here's a pic, below, of Deb and me that Lori took of us on Heimlich's Chew Chew Train in "a bug's land" at Disney California Adventure.
Do we look happy? Do we look like we were having fun?
Well, we were! I mean, we WERE at Disneyland, after all!!
I was actually pretty sick with a bad cold and cough - AND experiencing some pretty severe neck pain the entire time, but it was my first (mini) vacation in two years, and I was determined to make the best of the situation.
 Oh - and I couldn't talk , either. And when I tried too hard to carry on a conversation anyway, I would launch into extreme coughing fits. People around you just love that.
We kept joking about how I was doing my very best to "soldier on". (Cue Victor Herbert's music for "March Of The Toys" from Babes In Toyland, where the toy soldiers are marching.....)
I hardly ever remember to take pictures of my food - and I like to do it. And I like to see pictures that other people take of their food. Especially Disneyland food.
Call me crazy if you like - that will never faze me.
This is a Shrimp Louie Salad from the Pacific Wharf Cafe at Disney California Adventure. It was fantastic:
The sourdough bread bowl bread is SO fabulous that we all carried around our leftover bread in a bag afterward because we couldn't bear to throw it away! ( We did stow it in our locker later, though. Sourdough bread is my absolute favorite. And that Boudin bread is the best! They even sell Mickey-shaped loaves. Wish I had some right now)
And this was my dessert - a gorgeous Mickey Mouse cookie:
Debbie is down there at Disneyland again right now. She and her husband are there for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend.
Hope you have fun, Deb - and I wish I was there with you!
And just in case you aren't familiar with the music I mentioned above, here you go - and you just try listening to it without wanting to get up and march around the room - I dare you!:

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Sorry, it's only 6 am, no marching! I am hungry though, after reading about your bread and cookie! Love the photo of you and Debbie. Love T

EM said...

I have not seen that movie since I was a kid and it was one of my faves. Now, I'm going to have to rewatch it soon! Also, I want all those toy soldiers. Every one of them. Think I'll find them at a local thrift?

Anonymous said...

All I can say id I feel quite hungry now lol