Sunday, September 15, 2013

Then And Now #97 Best Foods (Hellman's) Mayonnaise - The ONLY One For Us

Our favorite mayonnaise here in this house is, and always has been, Best Foods (known also as Hellman's east of the Rockies).
I found some examples of advertisements (most of them including recipes) from a number of decades to share with you today.
First up, this one from 1930:
A recipe for a picnic-style salad from 1944:

Chicken salad , circa 1955:
Cole slaw, from 1966 - you know, I can still hear their commercial jingle in my head "Bring out the Best Foods, and bring out the best!":

In our humble opinion, it truly IS the best, and absolutely nothing else will do. This ad with ideas for burger toppings is from 1970:
"Magically moist chicken", from 1986:
And this is the way it looks "Now":
As it happens, our favorite mayonnaise is celebrating 100 years this year!
And if WE have anything to say about it, there will be hundreds more to come.
We love 'ya, Best Foods - Happy 100 Years to the Best!

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I never noticed the blue bow "ribbon" on the label before. I love it with artichokes. I think I will go buy some. Yum. Love T

Rob and Monica said...

I can still hear the jungle in my head!!!!! "Bring out the Hellman's, and bring out the best!" This is Rob's favorite! we have it in the frige (Monica)

toddler costume said...


I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff you post.