Monday, March 25, 2013

I Love Counterpoint

I had so admired the fabulous butterfly key holder, above, whenever I was over at Tina's house that she actually ended up giving it to me for my birthday last year!
 I LOVE it.
It was made by Counterpoint in the late 60's or the 70's. I am such a HUGE fan of their colorful vintage wares. It looks great with these little panels I found somewhere, below. I figure they must be Counterpoint, too. I think they were originally bookends, but the metal piece that would have slid under your books is missing.
I have the blue and green one that you see below, too. (You may recall having seen it in an earlier post.) There may very well be a pink and orange one out there somewhere. Want.

 I recently got this house key rack, as well - isn't it cute?

And I also got these sweet mushroom bookends:

 But I missed out on this daisy key rack, below - bummer. You snooze, you lose, right?
 I did, however, get these three key chains - adorable! Couldn't resist the daisy:
Or the fish:
Or the owl:
They would end up far too worn for my taste if I actually used them on a key chain, so I think I am going to make them into pendants instead - that I will truly enjoy wearing.
Vintage Counterpoint - some of the best stuff out there!

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

What a great collection. Love the key chains, and your house key holder. You go girl. Love T

Diane said...

Right up my alley! Cute!

Georgia Peachez said...

Amen!

yosemite faith said...

i agree - great collection

Unknown said...

Sigh ... why don't they make adorable stuff like this anymore?

We too have a colorful '70s key holder, but it's nowhere near as cute as yours.