Sunday, October 7, 2012

Crewel, Once Again

Today's story is one that keeps happening to me. I showed you this large daisy crewelwork stitchery piece a while back after I purchased it at a thrift store:
And not long after that, I discovered this advertisement for the very same gorgeous thing in one of my vintage magazines:
I guess it only makes sense that this should happen. I mean, I LOVE vintage - and I collect old magazines, so it stands to reason that I might find some of my things in the magazines I buy. But I still get a major kick out of it every single time.
The coupon with which one would have ordered it is seen below:
Mine is framed, and that means I paid less than one-sixth the total price 39 years later - and somebody else had already done all of the work! (From Family Circle Magazine, February 1973).

4 comments:

Diane said...

I like the shipping charges!!

Tina Dawn said...

Keep watching for the Family Circle sometime from 1972 to 1974 with pizza recipes, please. I promise to make pizza when you find it. Love T

burunestetigi said...

thanks for this post. This post makes a great point about focusing your efforts burun estetigi.

Dr.Murat Enoz, MD - ENT Doctor said...

Very nice and colorful blog. I also like the old products.

Kulak Zari Ameliyati