Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hot August Thrift Finds

These sure do seem to be my favorite colors, here lately - on a bright floral tray, a Takahashi bottle and then the little white vintage Otagiri vase fits right in - they're all from the same era:
Orange and yellow here again, with green this time on a striped cotton fabric I think I will use to cover a cushion on my patio furniture. I also found a crochet collar that is perfect for work, and another tin recipe box:

A floral journal, lime green tablecloth, vintage paper party tablecloth, and - yes - another pillar candle holder:

This platter looks like Blue Ridge Pottery to me, but is unmarked:

A wooden plate with bright hand-painted flowers, and an orange pottery piece that may be an ashtray, but I am liking it as a spoon rest, instead:

Anyone ready for autumn? This next group has a rather fall-like look. Mushroom fondue pot, a handkerchief, and a pair of Franciscan Ware handled bowls:

This great vintage Scotch brand tape dispenser, below, may not look it, but it's a lovely salmon color. And I found another one of these note holders, which to me has a very mid-century modern look. It fits Post-It pads perfectly, and looks pretty cool on a desk:
And I won't ever pass up finds that are useful and inexpensive:

I was pretty happy with my finds!

3 comments:

craftyles said...

Great finds. I love all that orange. I could kick myself-I saw a whole set of mushroom pots and pans last week and this week of coarse they were gone. They would have been so cute for my son's apartment!

Tina Dawn said...

Love the fondue pot and the platter. You always find such great stuff. Love T

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to begin checking out thrift stores. I've only done it once, a year or so ago, while buying some crutches for a neighbor who's knee had stopped working right. I got a good deal on a pair of good crutches.

I really didn't look around that much. I'm wondering if they have used wood-stoves. Ours has melted inside and the cost of propane is sending us to the poor house.

Heidi, you find the neatest things. Thank you.