Thursday, February 16, 2012

Schnozzola


I have been collecting biographies and autobiographies about "movie stars" and entertainers that are particular favorites of mine for many years. I can't even quite recall where I found this one about the life of Jimmy Durante:

Schnozzola - The Story Of Jimmy Durante, by Gene Fowler.
I like that it has quite a few great old photos inside:



Just another volume for the completely overflowing and totally already full bookshelves around here!

"Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are."

6 comments:

Sponge Curlers and Cupcakes said...

Oh I'm so jealous! Jimmy Durante is one of my old all time favorites. In fact I was playing a CD of his songs at the store the other day. I just adore him. I remember his weekly show & at the end he did that famous "Mrs. Calabash" thing. GREAT find!
~Vickie~

farmlady said...

I can still remember him saying "Good night Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are." and walking out of the spotlight at the end of his show.
What a great book. You're lucky to have found it.

Heidi Ann said...

Thank you, ladies - I know I WAS excited when I found it. because I had never seen it before!

Tina Dawn said...

Just love him to pieces. Love T

yosemite faith said...

loved watching his show when i was a kid.

Paul Duca said...

Go to YouTube and denteltv2's channel...he has several Durante programs--a 1959 TV special and several episodes of the 1960's series THE HOLLYWOOD PALACE where's he's either a host or guest.