Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pickle Patch Deli


My dear friend Jamie from Mid Century Madness treated me to a lovely day out for my birthday. We took a drive over to San Andreas and had lunch at the Pickle Patch Deli. I had never been there, and I knew I wanted to go after reading about it on her blog.
It's definitely my kind of place. I mean - these are the tables inside:
You know I love a nice old chrome dinette set - and put a vintage phone on top of each one? Even better!


But the weather was just perfect that day, so we chose to sit outside in the patio area rather than indoors:

I wish I had remembered to take pictures of our lunch! (Maybe next time.) I had a fabulous club sandwich, and she had a delicious salad.
Back to the inside: they make their decor even better by hanging these fabulous vintage mirror-framed Turner prints all over the walls!


Even the high chairs are vintage and cool:
And, leave it to me to take a picture of the cart in the bathroom, which I loved, as well:
The picture below, as well as the one of the flowers at the top of this post, were taken when we stopped briefly at Ironstone Vineyards in Murphys on our way home:
Thanks again, Jamie! I thoroughly enjoyed the entire day, and especially the pleasure of your company.

4 comments:

jamie@midcenturymania said...

You are most welcome friend. That was really a fun day. Glad we were there before the weather changed! Love all the photos you took.

Tina Dawn said...

What a great place. I am very fond of San Andreas and always watch for vintage postcards from there. I will have to check it out one day, I love those Turner prints and chrome tables. Perfect for a birthday lunch! Love T

yosemite faith said...

that place looks marvelous. don't you just love good food and a place that pays attention to all the details 'setting/mood' wise? very cool.

farmlady said...

What fun! Happy Belated Birthday.
Where in the world did they get all those sets of tables in such good condition?
We still have to meet somewhere in between and have lunch too some day.
Maybe after the holidays...