Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Busy Doing Nothing

I got a kick out of Tina's recent post with a similar title, because I had been planning to write this one. Ah, well - great minds think alike, right?
When I went to stay with Tina for a few days a short time ago, we did just kind of "kick back", and we managed to watch two great movies in one day. We don't get the Turner Classic Movies channel here, and I often see that they have GREAT old films I would love to watch. So I jumped at the chance (well, I probably didn't actually jump - we were taking it easy, after all), to watch "A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court"! I LOVE Bing Crosby, and as ridiculous as it seems, I do not think I have ever seen this film. Or possibly, it was simply so long ago that I've forgotten. Well, of course I loved it. I purchased the vintage magazine ad you see in this post many years ago:

While we were watching it, I was waiting and waiting for a certain part. Somewhere, some time over the years, I had seen clips or something, because I DID remember this one particular little song, and I was eager to see that portion of the film more than any other.


Wouldn't you know it? RIGHT when they started singing my song, my husband called! Aaackk!

Oh, well - I have the sheet music (thanks to eBay).
"We're busy doing nothing,
working the whole day through.
Trying to find lots of things not to do.
We're busy going nowhere, isn't it just a crime?
We'd like to be unhappy, but..
we never do have the time!"
And that's pretty much how we were that weekend: "busy doing nothing".
And we liked it.
(We also got to watch "Bell, Book and Candle" - another one I am not sure I have ever seen! What in the heck is the matter with me??)

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

The matter with you is you spend too few days doing nothing with your sister! Come back soon and we will watch two more movies you need to see and do absolutely nothing! It was fun. Love T

Heidi Ann said...

You're right! I think that's exactly what's the matter with me! LOL!

yosemite faith said...

yes, tina is right. i like bing also, and my dad did too.

The Viewliner Limited said...

I like doing nothing... it always produces something. Nice post!