Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Then And Now #80 Diamond Matches

In Today's installment of "Then And Now", I am simply sharing this old box which used to hold Diamond Brand Matches, below. I saved it for years, just because I liked the Dutch motif and thought it was too cute to throw away. (If you read my blog with any regularity, you are sitting there thinking "Yes, Heidi, we know.."
So this was Then:
And this is "Now":

But, the best part? Well, it is that the boxes are exactly the same size today, and all I had to do was slide out the new box of matches and insert it into my vintage (cuter) box!
And who wouldn't rather have a vintage box of matches than a new one??

6 comments:

shari said...

Hi Heidi Ann! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting. (Isn't it sad, though? I think birds are amazing and so diverse. I actually love crows.)

What a great idea to do with boring match boxes! I love the Dutch vintage box! I live in PA, and have lots of Dutch influence around me. ;-)

Tina Dawn said...

I love the dutch match box! So cute. I am going to try to find me one! Love T

Zootsuitmama said...

My Grandpa was Dutch..so I should get into some of those styles..I love that old packaging was really cool like that!

yosemite faith said...

love it!

farmlady said...

Just think how many they would sell if they made the old ones again.
The new ones are so.... awful. Very typical of today's effort to be "green" and have all the advertising on the box. Ug!
So glad to hear that they are the same size and you can use the old sleeve on the new box. That hardly ever happens.Great idea...

Twyla and Lindsey said...

He, he, I wouldn't have thrown it away either! Such a beautiful illustration! Have a nice day! Twyla