Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Treasure Of Pleasant Valley

I found this book packed away. I had forgotten all about it. I probably found it years ago at a library book sale:

I had to have it, because our elementary school is located on Pleasant Valley Road in Placerville, in an area known as Pleasant Valley. A 1950's novel, set in the Gold Rush area, and the Gold Country Girls all went to school in Pleasant Valley!
Perfect. You'd have bought it, too - wouldn't you?
My own little Treasure for my book shelf.
Not quite worth it's weight in gold.

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Yes, I guess I had to have it too, because I do somewhere... I love the cover artwork. Love T

Lisa said...

Dig that cover, though! Great art, love it!

yosemite faith said...

yes it was a must have!

Tricks and Manners said...

I think the story might be quite good too! I've never read Frank Yerby myself, but my sister liked his writing and read a number of his books.