Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Past is Present in Placerville: No. 3 Revisited: The Combellack-Blair House

Good morning, Tina here. We are revisiting the Combellack-Blair house today with some more vintage photos I unearthed recently at the El Dorado County Museum.
I first showed you this home in September 2010:
Above is an overview of the hillside the home stands on. It is in the center upper right.

I don't remember when it was just painted plain white. It looks beautiful in any color.
I miss the two palms which stood to either side of the stairs.


It looks like the windows in the tower in the above shot are boarded up somehow.
This shot was before the palm trees were planted.
A lovely home. Hope you enjoyed your revisit.

2 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

Oh, Tina, I will NEVER tire of seeing more fabulous vintage photos of any place or building in the Mother Lode! Keep 'em coming - this post was great - I've said before (and you already knew, anyway) that this is one of my favorite homes ever.

yosemite faith said...

love these photos - i bet the inside is wonderful too.