Sunday, May 22, 2011

More Vintage Patterns - And Embroidery From The 70's

I promised I'd show you more of the patterns I found recently. These happen to all be from the 70's (are you surprised?). First of all, may I just say that I LOVE this red skirt and blouse with the rick rack?! I want it:


And the cropped peasant blouse with embroidered bodice is pretty cute, too. Embroidery transfers were included:

A couple of different styles here:
Along with embroidery transfers to create this blouse:
These blouses have insets and/or lace trim. The one at bottom left called for using a purchased handkerchief with corner embroidery - what a cute idea!

For this one in blue, they suggested purchased iron-on embroidery:

I also found this pattern consisting of embroidery transfers from 1976. I was very happy to find this one!
Why?

Because it is the very one that I used to embroider this iris onto a blue cotton chambray shirt way back when. 1976, huh? That sounds about right....

I also found a neat Coats & Clark's booklet, "Ideas For Embroidery". I really like some of the designs inside:
Love these guys:
Pretty stuff:
The first time I showed you the iris I had done, I said that I hadn't embroidered anything in years.
Unfortunately, that is still the case. I suppose I probably COULD re-learn the stitches.

6 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Very nice. I am wanting all those patterns. I know I had a top like the one on the left in the first pattern. You can relearn embroidery and should! It is good to do while watching TV or chatting with friends. Love T

Mary said...

Oh, yeah, I remember all that stuff. Those clothes were nice!

yosemite faith said...

i wish i had all my old patterns.

lorlore said...

I want to borrow the one with the handkerchief inserted in bodice, that gives me an idea. The style looks very forgiving to wear in my present 'plump' status!!!

Heidi Ann said...

Faith - I wish you had them, too!

GardenOfDaisies said...

This brings back so many memories for me. We embroidered our shirts, our pants, and anything we could get a needle in. :-)