Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Detergents Ads From The Past

I found some vintage detergent advertisements (laundry detergent and dishwashing detergents, both), and I just wanted to share them. Some of these are still around, and some are not.
We'll start out with Chipso, from 1929:
Lux from 1943:
(Maybe her husband should do the dishes himself!)
..and 1948:

Oxydol:

Rinso, from 1950 - dig those matching dresses!

Dreft from 1948:

And from 1950:

Ivory Snow from the 50's:
And Ivory Liquid from the 60's:

Tide:

And Dash, 1956:

Does all of that make you feel like washing something now?
Didn't think so.

3 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Heidi, these old ads are so much fun to see. It sure takes me back. Have a great day! Twyla

Tina Dawn said...

Loved all those old ads. I just did my wash yesterday or I'd get busy. Love the baby in the Ivory ad. Love T

yosemite faith said...

i had not heard of just one of those products and that was the first one. i too love old ads!