Monday, February 28, 2011

I Finally Made It To IKEA!

When I went over to Placerville, Lori and I finally made a trip to Ikea in West Sacramento! She and Tina had been there before; I never had.

Did I love it? Come on.....you KNOW I did!
Lots of color everywhere - my favorite thing. Naturally, I took pictures:
Bright rugs:
Beautiful fabrics:
A stop for a yummy and inexpensive lunch:
And more fabrics:
Because taking pictures of them seemed to be what I most enjoyed!

I wish I could have brought home something from the huge warehouse floor:
Oh, like maybe some bookcases like these, for instance:
Or these:
But they wouldn't fit in the car, so instead I got this great expandable pot lid rack- perfect for holding my platters in the cupboard (that lovely one you see was a thrift store find the day before), some bed risers, and the least expensive magazine holder files I have EVER found anyplace. Magazine hoarders can never have too many of these, you understand:
And Lori took home some of their delicious Lingonberry Preserves, which we thoroughly enjoyed on our toast the next morning!
But my favorite thing in the whole place?? Well, hands down, the winner was this fabric!
It's HEIDI fabric!
I don't care what they call it, I'm calling it Heidi Fabric. Goats, an alpine snow-capped mountain, little red and green mountain cabins, trees, flowers, pine cones!
Heidi - for SURE.

6 comments:

★Carol★ said...

I wish there was an IKEA close by! Or maybe I don't. I always get myself into trouble there! And yes, that is definitely Heidi fabric!

Tina Dawn said...

I love your fabric! How cute. I especially like the bird fabric at the beginning of your post. When I get birds again I would like to make cage covers out of that. I need to go back to Ikea, my good friend Karen wants to go. I just don't know if my hip will hold up for a complete walk-through. Love that place, and the meatballs. Love T

jamie@midcenturymania said...

I can't believe what I've been missing out on. I think I'd go crazy in there. Love the Heidi fabric!

Vanessa said...

That fabric was my favorite too- it's so damn beautiful! I almost went to IKEA this weekend for some more fabric...hm, I think a trip in a couple of weeks on pay day will have to happen :)

yosemite faith said...

there is no IKEA close by - in fact i don't think there is one in the entire state. all other states are experiencing now what michigan has been going thru for probably 25 years. there are no costco's either. i love bookcases and shelves. love your thingie for your platters. i agree that is definately heidi fabric. sounds like a good time was had by all.

Deanna said...

Marshall and I came home with the same fabric....as a matter of fact, I couldn't drag my husband out of there! That man loves dish ware and flatware!!

Deanna :D