Friday, January 21, 2011

More Vintage Vera Neumann

I just wanted to share a few more Vera items, simply because I love her designs so much. An advertisement from 1978:
A thrifted scarf - my favorite one yet - I absolutely love the design and the colors on this one:
And I love the colors in this paisley scarf, too:
I found this last thing in a McCall's Needlework and Crafts magazine (I think!). It tells you how to take a Vera scarf, and then recreate the design in needlepoint!

A little too complicated for me - but I do love the idea.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely bright designs they make you smile. Have a lovely weekend, Dee x

Tina Dawn said...

I like the needlepoint idea, although I don't do needlepoint. But my mother-in-law does. I have a few Vera scarves too that I may share later. Great post. Love T

yosemite faith said...

i have a friend that does amazing amazing needlepoint. and you know i love paisley.

jamie@midcenturymania said...

Wasn't that a Vera you had in your hand at the thrift store today? I have a couple sets of her cloth napkins. Love them!