Sunday, December 12, 2010

Walking In The Air

Walking In The Air from The Snowman is one of those songs that I can listen to over and over again. I was happy when I found the album at a thrift store!
The very first time I saw The Snowman was many years ago on PBS, and I fell in love with it, as I'm sure many people have. It's such a wonderful, simple story. I haven't been lucky enough yet to find the book by Raymond Briggs.
I was delighted that the album had the lyrics to the hauntingly beautiful song by Howard Blake:
And some pictures from the book to tide me over until I find a copy:

Of course, I have the video, too - and I'll be watching it this season!
(You probably know this already, but click on the song title at the beginning of my post and it will take you to YouTube so you can see and listen to the excerpt from the film.)

7 comments:

Lorlore said...

I don't know that one well, what a pretty song!! Have you heard of 'Elf on the Shelf"? I just heard of that and may get it for the Grandkids.

Tina Dawn said...

What an adorable book, film and song. I remember it very slightly and will have to watch to see if I can find it on TV. Love T

yosemite faith said...

don't think i have ever seen this. it looks so adorable. i will have to keep an eye out.

Authors 4 Characters said...

I've found the movie on Youtube and I LOVE it!!! I even found myself humming it at work.

Heidi Ann said...

Fuzzy Bunny Slippers - I'm so glad you found it, and that you're enjoying it! I love it so much, myself.

Authors 4 Characters said...

Hi Heidi! Have a great New year surrounded by family , friends or friends who feel like family (in a GOOD way) food and fun! I may just bring in 2019 listening to the whole score to that film.

Heidi Ann said...

Oh, Fuzzy Bunny Slippers, Thank you - and I wish the same for you! I just came from seeing “Mary Poppins Returns” with some dear old friends, so I’m feeling pretty good right about now! I completely loved it, as I knew that I would.