Sunday, October 3, 2010

What's Penny Wearing? #37 Vintage Esprit Pair

Back in the late 70's and early 80's, the Esprit mail order catalog was, to me, kind of like what Anthropologie is now. I loved the catalog, loved the stuff in it, couldn't get to the brick and mortar stores, and, only occasionally, felt that I could afford to buy something! One the purchases I made back then was the pair of items Penny is wearing today. When I wrote a while back about Madras plaid, I forgot about this shirt. Well, no wonder - it hasn't fit me for years!

One of the reasons I liked it so much was because it had a vest that went with it:

I remember wearing these a lot when we went camping - one of my favorite pairings, with jeans:

But, the best part?? The vest is reversible!

I still love this duo:

And I still wear the vest occasionally.

3 comments:

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

I'm sure I had that same plaid blouse =)

yosemite faith said...

ahh yes when i was smaller i had some esprit tops i loved. didn't get rid of them til i moved back to michigan. that is very cool set heidi - penny must be very happy today!

Tina Dawn said...

My kind of colorful clothing. Very cute. Love T