Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What's Penny Wearing? #36 Gorgeous Vintage Gunne Sax

Well, it's Penny again, here today yet once more modeling one of my vintage Jessica McClintock Gunne Sax dresses. This one was a gift in the 70's. Another one of my favorites:
Crepe sleeves, velveteen bodice, sort of an Elizabethan style:
Lacy trim, ruffled eyelet at the hem, and a lovely combination of florals....the choker belonged to my mother-in-law.
Oh, here we go - I even found a picture of me wearing it on Christmas day 1977. I believe Tinas dress is a Gunne Sax, also! And that's Lori on the left, and Tina's son Josh:

Oh, Penny, how I wish I were still your size!

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I remember your Gunne Sax dress very well. Yes, mine was Gunne Sax too, a velvet and cotton creation which I wore every chance I got. Lori, what big glasses you have! I had several pairs of those big glasses and still have one of them. Great post, great photo. Love T

Lorlore said...

Wow, don't we look happy!!! That was a while ago!! Lol!!

Candice said...

You sisters are just too funny. I thought my mother was the only one who kept clothing from decades ago! When Mother died last year I was left with her 60-year-old wedding dress, her Girl Scout troop leader uniform, cashmere twin sweater sets and wool skirts. I also found boxes of my and my two sisters' Easter dresses, velvet Christmas dresses and some school dresses. I still haven't figured out where to donate them since they are from the 50s, 60s and 70s.

Jasmine rose said...

Wow. Can I buy this dress?