Friday, July 30, 2010

Tree Of Life Candelabras

When I saw the illustration below in my cookbook Cocina Mexicana (which I wrote about in this post).....
...it reminded me of this, which is the record sleeve from inside one of my Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass albums (see this post):

And then I became curious about these. I knew NOTHING about them whatsoever. So I Googled them, and found all sorts of examples on eBay, etc. They're really quite fabulous, aren't they?
I found the example below here:

And I found this one here:

And I found these others someplace!
Colorful and beautiful:

Since then, it seems as if I notice them everywhere! I see them in interior photos in my magazines, etc, including this picture from a Sunset Magazine article about San Francisco's Mission District. Pictured here are Gonzalo and Mia Gonzalez, owners of the Encantada Gallery Of Fine Arts, which sounds like a wonderful place to visit!
And here's one more, for good measure:

I just think they're very cool.

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I agree, very cool. I like the Adam and Eve ones the best. They remind me of my carved mirrors with suns and moons on them, because those also come in all colors, shapes and sizes. Love T

yosemite faith said...

i love the bright colors - though they are totally different - it reminds me of the beginning of the 60-70's hippie bohemian color palate.