Saturday, February 27, 2010

Table Setting Inspiration: Orange And Aqua

I tore this page out of an issue of Romantic Homes Magazine, because I loved the combination of orange and aqua used to create this table setting. If I can ever find that magazine again, I will give credit - it was from a book, and I don't recall the title.

The colors inspired me to try to create my own table. I just worked with what I had - my colors are a little brighter, I suppose!
But I was happy with it.

Now I think I will be "playing" with my dishes and linens more often, to create other tables so that I can photograph them and show them to you!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Looks great! I really like those two colors together.

Tina Dawn said...

I just last night watched a "Project Runway" episode, and a designer who was in the bottom 3 (but did not get outed)was lambasted for her use of orange and turquoise for a child's outfit (and also an outfit for an adult). They hated it. Both of us watching thought the colors looked wonderful together. And now your post with the same colors! Go Heidi! I have been meaning to show my nasturtium place setting from the time I entered in the county fair and did so poorly (but I loved it!) Just goes to show that everyone on this earth is a bit different from their neighbor. This sounds like a fun idea for a line of posts. Love T

jamie@midcenturymania said...

I love your table setting! It's better than the inspiration setting. That is a beautiful chair in the photo also. Great idea to post table settings. You're really good at putting things together. I look forward to many more.

yosemite faith said...

i saw that project runway also and i thought i have worn coral and turquoise jewelry all the time and loved it. i think your table looks great heidi.

Melony at Whimsy Daisy! said...

I would have never in a million years thought I would like that color combination...but, knock me over with a feather duster, girl...you won me over! That is lovely and eye-catching.

Pam said...

Love the color combo. Your table setting is wonderful.