Friday, January 22, 2010

Romeo and Juliet

I went to see this movie when I was young. Franco Zeffirelli's version starring Olivia Hussey and Leonard Whiting is the only one I think I've ever seen. I am still hoping I might come across a video in a thrift store one of these days. I do have the paperback!
I really liked the movie, but I recall that my friend Marcia LOVED it. She is in my thoughts today because her father passed away earlier this week.
I found this Yardley advertisement in one of my old Seventeen magazines:
This is an advertisement for Sears bedspreads, and I have to say I think this young woman's four-poster bed looks very "Juliet-ish" to me!

I think she has a balcony, too.

I love you, Marcia.

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I was Marcia's little sister's babystitter so got to know her Dad a bit. He was a very nice man. I hope her mom is doing okay. Great post Heidi. Love T

Tina Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer D said...

My prayers are with Marcia today.

Beautiful post.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Very sweet post...you have such a kind heart. I also loved this movie.
♥, Susan

yosemite faith said...

i got credit in one of my classes in jr high for seeing this movie. i like it a lot. sad news for your friend. i know its a tough time for her and her family.