Tuesday, January 19, 2010

One Of My Favorite Artists - Mary Engelbreit

Here are a few things from my collection of Mary Engelbreit stuff. Heidi has written about her numerous times before. All of us Gold Country Girls have loved this artist since forever!!!
These are some of her hat boxes collected or gifted.
The framed print in the photo was cross stitched by me for Mother years ago, and now it hangs on my bedroom wall below the shelf shown. I love it!!

Some more of Mary's boxes, I always love the sayings on them:

And a few more - sometimes they came with something small inside or were just empty to use for gifting:

And here are blocks, with a picture or letter on each side; I only purchased enough to spell my name out for a small display. Since I don't shop much any more I don't see many of her new items, but can be lucky enough some days to find things at thrift stores.

I will show you a few more items when it gets closer to Valentine's Day!!!!!

5 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

Loved seeing your stuff, Lor. And yes, you're right- we do certainly love Mary Engelbreit. In fact, this post has me inspired to do another about her!

Tina Dawn said...

As much as I love Mary Engelbreit, I love your cross-stitch you did for Mother even more. A work of love, and it is lovely. Love T

yosemite faith said...

hedi gave me a gift once in one of mary engelbreit's hats. i still have it. love love love the cross stitch! loved seeing your items.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, you surely do have a collection. I have always love ME my self.. I ought show some of my favorite things on my blog.. great idea.. Do collect her paper dolls as well?
I love your blog.. so many different ideas..
Hugs,
Darlene (feel free to stop and visit me.. xo

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Lori! ME is one of my favorite artists too! Every year I have to have a Mary calendar to get me through the year. I love her style and the sayings just add so much to her paintings. Have a nice week! Twyla