Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Then And Now #57 Jolly Time Popcorn

It's Jolly Time! The popcorn, seen here in an advertisement from 1954:

And a black and white ad from 1967:

And, of course, the "Now" - here we have the lighter microwave version. I've got to admit that my favorite kind is still just popping plain old regular popcorn in my old popper with oil, and then pouring (real) melted butter over it. And salt, naturally.
Daddy used to make his popcorn with parmesan cheese - and that's really good, too!
How do you like yours?

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

My favorite is just like Daddy's. Popped in oil with melted butter and a just-right amount of grated parmesan cheese. Oh, sounds like heaven to me. Love T

yosemite faith said...

i like air popped. i love parmesan cheese on it!!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Nothing tastes better than old fashioned popcorn popped on the stove, but the ease of microwave popcorn sort of deters me. Twyla