Friday, November 13, 2009

Red Plaid

I've written about Pendleton before - but today, here are a couple more advertisements featuring red plaid. There's just something about a nice red plaid that I really like, whether from Pendleton or somewhere else.

Love the red shirts, love the robe:

Love the jacket and the blanket, too:

I also like this red plaid skirt and the matching hat from 1964 (not Pendleton):

And I even like these shoes! From a 2007 Family Circle Magazine:

This is a plaid flannel remnant from a thrift shop, and some pretty vintage bias trim that I believe can be called plaid, as well:
And these are two of my favorite flannel shirts. I love to wear them around the house in the winter time. The top one is from J.C. Penney, and the bottom is from L.L.Bean. I wore them when I delivered mail, too. (Rural carriers don't wear uniforms.)

And here is my vintage jacket (which I guess is actually a men's jacket, the buttons are on the right - but what's up with those front pockets?). And it's not from Pendleton, either. The red vest beneath it is one I've had since high school - I know that you are not surprised. It just happens to match perfectly. The blanket in the background was an eBay purchase.

And I purchased that blanket simply because I do love a nice red plaid.
And that completes my red plaid post for today.
Thank you very much.

5 comments:

yosemite faith said...

in the 'old days' those jackets were womens jackets! mens didn't have pockets like those. when i was little a lot of women had those during those big bad winters we used to have. we still have winters in Michigan but nothing like the old days......i love pendelton - i often would get my dad a nice one for christmas and i have fond memories of him wearing it. i have a beautiful 'yosemite' pendelton blanket on the guest be right now - it is from their national park blanket series. i love plaid - always have and always will......

Unknown said...

I love Pendleton, and I love red plaid too! Such a classic, it always looks good. I remember in middle school I had a red & black plaid flannel shirt that I wore with a black turtleneck and a pair of red suede boots. I probably looked like a lumberjack. :)

Heidi Ann said...

Heidi - Sounds like a really CUTE lumberjack look to me!

jamie@midcenturymania said...

I had a couple of those beautiful jackets when I lived in Alaska in the 70's. I wore them with flannel lined jeans. I found all of them in thrift stores in Ketchikan. They were sooooo cozy.

Tikimama said...

All of this flannel and plaid makes me think of cozying up by the fire with a cup of cocoa!