Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Memory Game

I think I got this game when I was 10 years old. This may have been the very first edition of this game from Milton Bradley:
I love this game - I love the images on the cards:
I loved playing it back then, and when I got older I played it with little kids:
What a kick! I didn't even remember (not consciously, anyhow) that goose with the orange background (below). It's Petunia! No wonder I was drawn to that book when I found it in the thrift store! (I wrote about it back in this post):
I recognize a number of the other pictures as being from more of my favorite children's books, too. I haven't played my Memory Game in a long time:

But I'm pretty sure that I would still enjoy playing it just as much today!

6 comments:

yosemite faith said...

my parents bought almost every board game known to man when we were kids - the reason i said almost is that i have never seen this one - how cool is that game?! love it heidi!

Melony at Whimsy Daisy! said...

What a great game. I love how you were drawn to Petunia without really knowing why. I understand exactly. As an adult I was obsessed with getting a Chatty Cathy. I found an old scrapbook that my great-grandmother made with pictures of Chatty Cathy pasted in it. I had to be three or under when I looked at that scrapbook with her, but I think subconsciously I carried around that image. Strange isn't it?

Anthony said...

Heidi, I really enjoy seeing old childhood games like this! Don't think I had Memory, though.
The variety of colorful images used is quite nice! I can see why one would never outgrow such a game. It's both visually pleasing and classic in its simplicity.
I've got to seek out one of these at my local thrift shop!

Tina Dawn said...

I remember your Memory game quite well. I have always loved playing all the versions of it. Yours is the most lovely though. Thanks for the memory. Love T

Twyla and Lindsey said...

What a beautiful game with great images! It's wonderful that you still have it! Twyla

Stephanie said...

I found your post after you mentioned it in Thrift Share Monday.
Isn't it awesome. I am so thrilled to have found the memory game.Mine is almost exactly the same. Love your blog !!!!