Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Another Mother Goose Book

I have written in earlier "Favorite Books" posts about some of my Mother Goose books - but I somehow missed this one! I found it in a shop, and even though it is really messed up - stained, pages are colored on with crayon, etc. the adorable images by Margaret Evans Price were just too sweet to pass up. Mother Goose on the cover:
Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary ( she's my favorite):
Little Bo Peep:
Rock-a-Bye Baby (whoops! um - that baby's going to get hurt!):
And Simple Simon:
I don't suppose I would mind one bit if I met a pieman while going to the fair (especially if he was selling pies for a penny!). Would you?

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Those illustrations are adorable. I wouldn't mind a pie either! I know I have a penny here somewhere... Love T

yosemite faith said...

love them - my fave is mother goose - she has never looked so good. pie is my favorite when done right!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh these illustrations are just beautiful! Thank you for sharing them with us. Have a wonderful day! Twyla

Kim G. said...

we have a newer edition of this book, my little Audrey loves it and can recite just about every rhyme!