Saturday, February 28, 2009

Thrift Finds And Good Times

Earlier this month, I went over to visit my sisters, and had such a wonderful and memorable time!
I had the distinct pleasure of seeing and spending time with some VERY dear old friends (you know who you are!). I gave one of them this framed antique postcard - because we truly do share many Happy Memories!
I got to go out to dinner two nights in a row (one for a retirement party), and the third night was for a fabulous home-cooked meal to celebrate family birthdays. My sister and her husband fixed us all such wonderful meal! Yum. And, as if all of that wasn't enough (and it really should be!) I got to go thrift shopping, too! Found some great books - I have always wanted a copy of The Country Diary Of An Edwardian Lady:
Found some lovely rose chintz with a dark green background. The buckles are new- and plastic - but I like them!
And some pretty light blue fabric with flocked "butterfly bouquets" on it, pink floral postcards, and Little Bo Peep! Adorable:
Flower Power - and I am LOVING these metal mug trees lately!

Like I said, it was a great weekend!

6 comments:

Lorlore said...

And it was wonderful to have you here on that Great weekend, which was also my Birthday! and my Retirement Party!! Lori

yosemite faith said...

it is wonderful when your celebrations turn out to be even more than that! everything comes together just right and you can honestly say 'a good time was had by all'! what a great time and good memories to savor and to share - with us!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Wonderful thrift store finds! That Little Bo Peep book is Lindsey's favorite from her childhood. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time visiting with family and friends. Have a nice Sunday! Twyla

Tina Dawn said...

Glad you liked the family dinner. We enjoyed it too! Always ready to show off our stupendous view. Wish you could come more often. Love T

Pearl said...

So nice to hear about your sweet visit with family and friends... and what fun to see some of your terrific Thrifting Treasures! My favorite is your Bo-Peep book... totally Precious!!
~Pearl

Unknown said...

Heidi! I've been gone and haven't read your blog since wishing Joanne a happy birthday! Thank you again for my Happy Memories. It's so pretty, and we do share a lot. It's almost March 5th. You know what that means! Let me know your schedule. Love, Deb