Sunday, November 16, 2008

Then And Now #20 - Kraft Catalina Dressing

Kraft Catalina salad dressing - shown here in an advertisement from 1959:
And here is how the bottle looked in 1961:
I must admit that this is not a type of dressing that I would ever normally buy. But my sister made a main dish with it a few months back, and I REALLY liked it. I want to try it myself, but I decided to use the light version, shown below, so that it would have less fat. Kraft Light Catalina , as it looks today:
I don't have the recipe right now, but I will try to add it later, in case anyone is interested.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure, post that recipe ... it kind of shames me now, but that was my favorite dressing as a kid.

Tina Dawn said...

Not my favorite dressing, I don't care for it too sweet, but very interesting to see the changes as always. Love T