Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy Birthday To "The Beav"!

Jerry Mathers turns 60 years old today. Just wanted to wish him a very happy birthday! Leave It To Beaver was a fun show to watch. I still enjoy it. That Ward Cleaver (as played by Hugh Beaumont) sure was a handsome man - such a nice dad, and a wonderful husband. My husband had an older brother - and they were growing up around the same time - but I'm not sure his life was quite like the Cleavers. I am feeling rather nostalgic for simpler times.
I was saddened to hear about the fire at Universal Studios yesterday. The article I read in the paper this morning said you "might recognize the courthouse facade as where the Beav went to school." If you are a fan of Ghost Whisperer, you would recognize it as the town square in Grandview, where Melinda has her antiques shop "Same As It Never Was", and , perhaps more famously, it was also used in the movie Back To The Future. The Courthouse Square and New York street sets are expected to be rebuilt. Still sad.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so loving this little book here! Can you give us a little more info about it?

Heidi Ann said...

Sure! One of the Little Golden Books in my collection, this one was published in 1959. The little synopsis inside says:
"Beaver is a boy, and so of course, he is always in trouble. But when Beaver gets a dog, and the dog's name is Trouble, there is even more fun than usual. 'Leave It To Beaver' is a popular television show, and the publishers are happy to present Beaver in his first Little Golden book adventure."
The show ran from October of 1957 through June of 1963. And, I hope, forever in syndication!

Tina Dawn said...

Well, the Beav is 60, who woulda thunk it? I was of course in love with Wally, but I was in love with all the older brothers or the "age appropriate" male in every TV show I watched. Especially Flipper. Love T

Heidi Ann said...

Well, golly, yeah - Wally was pretty darned cute!

Monica said...

WOW Beaver is 60!


I thought of the place from Back to the future when I saw the fire on tv!!!