Monday, February 11, 2008

Valentine Treasures


The sweet Valentine Girl vase in the picture above is yet another little treasure that was here in the house. I'm sure it was a gift from my husband's father to his mother one Valentine's Day with flowers inside. She is such a little cutie. And below, I also discovered this red heart vase tucked away in a cabinet. I'm so glad my mother-in-law saved some of these things! The vintage Hallmark party plates and cups were a recent thrift store find. They go so well together.

I didn't want to put away my wire tree after Christmas, so I turned it into a Valentine Tree with clipped on vintage Valentine cards and crystal chandelier prisms ( or, as Pollyanna would say - "Rainbow- Makers"!!) dangling from white satin ribbons- and anything else that would fit the holiday theme.

I enjoy decorating for the different holidays even more when I have vintage treasures to include.

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Love your valentine tree. I am coming to see it, don't put it away early. Love T

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Ca-YUTE!!!! Love the tree - perfect to be kept out for Easter things!!! Now I can only imagine you have an impressive Easter stash, too. Right? LOL

xo
Becky