Monday, February 4, 2008

The Siamese Cat Song (etc.!!)



This song page is from an article that was in Look magazine about Peggy Lee, the song, her voicing of the characters Si and Am and Peg, and Lady's owner - was that Darling- as in JimDear and Darling? I love the movie, the song, everything. I was tickled to find this article for sale at an antique show years ago.
When I was at Disneyland last year on my birthday, I got myself the pretty pin with the cats on it! I love their blue eyes and pink ears. What rascally brat cats they were!
Now this may seem like an unrelated subject, but it IS related! I am whistlin' a happy tune because I get to go see a play this weekend. The King and I! See the tie-in? It was based on the book Anna and The King of Siam. Whenever I can, I like to display sheet music from my collection on the piano that relates to something I am doing, or the season, or a singer I am listening to a lot, etc. So, these two are on the piano right now.

I am really looking forward to this play. Everything I have read about it sounds fabulous. Et Cetera, Et Cetera, Et Cetera! I love it when the King says that.
Now- on an unrelated note - can you believe this is my 100th post on this blog? Whoa. I'm really doing this. Thanks for reading it! I LOVE it so much when I receive a comment!

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Happy 100th post to you, Happy 100th post to you, H100th post dear Heidi, Happy 100th post to you. And many more!!! Love the Siamese Cat song, as you well know. Luna thanks you for including it since she is Siamese and was so pleased. I am so glad you get to see a play. Did you get snow? We had to drive home from Pleasant Valley in a total white-out last night after Super Bowl at Uncle D and Aunt C's, I was so glad hubby was driving and not me! Love T

jungle dream pagoda said...

Congrats on 100 posts !!!! I love the King and I ! I played Tumptim in Hischool.my mother is still probably washing the body makeup out of the sheets(about a zillion years later)!