Saturday, December 15, 2007

I'm Dreaming Of.............



A silver and black Christmas? Well, sure - if it's a lovely vintage card like this one that fits in with my art deco things I love so much! I think I found this one on ebay.

A brown Christmas?

Well, yes, actually - because I found a HUGE roll of this vintage wrapping paper in the garage still in it's original box with cutter edge. It's leftover stock from when my husband's family had an appliance store here in town for 32 years. I may use it mostly to wrap gifts for the guys, but I can make it look pretty with black and gold ribbon and bows. It may not be my first choice of Christmas colors,and it may not be as pretty as my Martha Stewart K-Mart papers, but it is a cute pattern, and it is vintage- and I actually do like it! So I will definitely use some of it.

Or, last, but definitely not least, a more traditional red, green, and silver Christmas! I LOVE vintage Christmas boxes, and this has to be my absolute favorite one that I have. I use it to store some of my collection of vintage cards, and then, of course, it just begs to be displayed at Christmas, wouldn't you say?

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I love the brown paper, it is so special! wrap something for me!!! Also, my very favorite Christmas box is the one that Heidi wrapped for my husband. If I could ever figure out how to add some pictures on here (my glow-in-the-dark tree for instance) I would put a picture on. Maybe next Christmas, since we hopefully will need something for Heidi's lovely blog then too! Love T

Heidi Ann said...

Thank you, sweet sis!! :)
Love you, H.