Sunday, December 16, 2007

Have Yourself A Sweet And "Mary" Little Christmas


Mary See, that is! I finally got this book a couple of months ago. I wanted it as soon as it came out. If you know someone who loves this brand, it would make a lovely gift. So, anyway - please pardon me while I wax rhapsodic about See's Candies!! If you have never tried them, you have seriously missed out. I mean it. They are quite simply FABULOUS! You can have your Godiva and your Ethel M. I'm not saying those aren't good - but in my humble opinion, NOTHING compares to See's. Melt in your mouth chocolate yumminess with fillings sublime. I have loved them since I was little - back when most of the time there was ONE box to share among our family of five- and we only had that because my dad got it from his employers at Christmas. On rare occasion, we might be lucky enough to visit a shop in downtown Sacramento, or at a mall. But more often, we just had it the one time. Well- believe me, that changed as soon as I was old enough to buy my own and drive. I have had it considerably more often as an adult. Especially now that they have mail order, and even smaller towns often have a fund-raiser booth set up somewhere at all the main holidays! I suppose having it more readily available may make it a bit less special than it was when I was a little girl - but ask me if I care?! I still love it just as much. And I never get sick or tired of it, and I know I never will. I'm supposed to be following my weight loss program, but See's is something that is impossible for me to resist! And while I'm going on about chocolate - I also like these:

The Hershey's Mint Truffle Kisses are wonderful, and so is the Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark. I'm just a chocolate fiend, it's part of my make-up. What can I say? Well, I'll start with " My name is Heidi, and I am the true definition of a chocoholic............"

2 comments:

Karen Jo said...

Hi Heidi. My name is Debbie, and I, too, am a chocoholic!

julie (jane's apron) said...

Another chocoholic here...I come from a long line of them. I also have the same book (thrifted it!)