Saturday, September 29, 2007

I'm A Little Teapot...


Collector!! Well, to be honest, I collect little, medium and large teapots. In this picture you see just three of my many Mary Engelbreit teapot ornaments. I also collect restaurant china individual teapots and some types of other, larger, ones. But the most interesting thing, to me, about this picture, is the blue teapot with cherries pictured in the drawing. We found that among our mother's belongings, and we figured out that it must have been done for some kind of a tea (party or club meeting) when she was in high school. The '49 is for the year she graduated. And look how similar it is to the designs of the Mary Engelbreit teapots! What a delightful little find.
( And I was collecting the ME stuff already.)
It looks right at home among my collections. And it is more treasured because it was hers.

No comments: